Are you interested in joining one of the area’s best known restaurants for great seafood, scenery and southern hospitality? You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits.
From entry-level restaurant employment to management, we offer excellent opportunities and encourage developing careers. Considered a top choice employer, Original Oyster House regularly recognizes staff members and encourages their involvement in community stewardship programs as well as promoting their creative ideas to decrease expenses, improve processes and optimize service.
Our core values and open-door policy are at work every day to ensure that we treat each other with dignity, respect, honesty and integrity. We are in need of Prep Cooks at our Gulf Shores restaurant with open availability to work morning, afternoon, evening, some holidays and weekend shifts.
Candidates should have a deep sense of team-work, willingness to learn and adapt to change. Must be professional, well-groomed, have a friendly, positive disposition, and reflect our core values.
Rate of pay starts at $11 an hour. Summer pay incentives are available for this position:
- Receive a $2/hour increase from Memorial Day – Labor Day; and
- 5% bonus on gross wages from Memorial Day – Labor Day (certain criteria may apply).
- Measure and mix ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
- Basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food, etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and/or Abilities:
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and meet restaurant standards for health, safety, and excellence.
- Ability to remain alert and focused in an environment that is noisy and fast-paced.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (6+ hours).
- Must be able to lift, carry, reach, and place up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and wipe frequently.
- Able to be exposed to extreme heat, steam, and cold temperatures in a kitchen environment.
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.