Donations & Sponsorships
Since 1983, the Original Oyster House has supported charitable organizations including Prodisee Pantry, Polo at the Point, Ozanam Charitable Pharmacy and many other worthy causes in addition to sponsorships/donations to area schools, athletics and churches. Since 2006, the Original Oyster House has awarded two $1,000 Chelsea Garvin Spirit Award scholarships each year to seniors of Baldwin County high schools in memoriam of Chelsea who died in 2005. The Original Oyster House pays tribute to those killed in the 9/11 attacks by honoring first responders (our area Law Enforcement, Firefighters, Paramedics and Sheriff’s) with a Free Lunch on September 11. The Original Oyster House sponsors the Alabama Coastal Cleanup, The Oyster Trail and Alabama PALs among other restoration or renewable energy programs.
Donation Request Requirements
The following requirements must be met in requesting a donation from Original Oyster House: The organization and beneficiary must be within the vicinity of a Mobile/Gulf Shores or general market area.
- Donations including Silent Auction Items & gift certificates: Requests must be made a minimum of six (6) weeks in advance of the event
- Event Sponsorship: Requests must be made a minimum of eight (8) weeks in advance of the event
- Organizations must have a current 501(c)(3)status and provide its EIN number to be applicable.
For events requesting sponsorships or donation items such as Gift Certificates, silent auction products or coupons we unfortunately are not able to donate in the following situations:
- Individual’s efforts to raise funds by participating in a non-profit event (run, bike race, etc.)
- Events sponsored by a competitor
- Events where our product will be resold
- Contests or pageants
- Organizations that do not have a current tax-exempt status under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code
- When donation/sponsorship requests have exceeded budgeted allocations.
For tournament requests of Gift Certificates, the Original Oyster House will match gift card purchases with gift certificates in denominations of 25 dollar increments (from $25 to $250).
The organization and beneficiaries must be within the vicinity of a Mobile/Gulf Shores or general market area.
How To Apply
Please review our donations requirements. If you meet the requirements, please fill out our donation request form online for review. Organizations may complete a request through the Donation Request form. Please fill out the form completely.
Terms & Conditions
Original Oyster House has a policy to reply to all donation requests by e-mail. If Original Oyster House is not able to fulfill your request: you will receive an e-mail to that effect within 4 weeks of receiving your request. If Original Oyster House is able to fulfill your request you will receive a phone call or e-mail to coordinate the donation within 4 weeks of receiving your request. Original Oyster House reserves the right to require that the organization displays a “Compliments of Original Oyster House” or similar sign (at minimum) with the product donation. Original Oyster House reserves the right to specify how the product is to be displayed and handled at the event/donation. All decisions regarding donation requests are the sole discretion of Original Oyster House and all decisions are final.