- 24 Freshly shucked Gulf oysters on a half shell
- 4 oz. grated Romano cheese
- 4 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ lb. salted butter
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp. chopped garlic
Heat gas chargrill on high. Place shell (oyster up) on grill. Ladle butter mixture over each oyster. Top each with cheese mixture. Ladle remaining butter over cheese. Remove when oysters begin to flame and bubble. Serve.
- 8 freshly shucked Gulf oysters on a half shell
- 4 oz. garlic cream sauce (recipe below)
- 16 jalapeño pepper slices
- 3 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400° F. Place oysters on baking sheet. Ladle ½ oz. of Garlic Cream Sauce over each oyster. Place 2 jalapeño slices on top of each oyster. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over oysters. Place in oven and bake for 8-12 minutes until cheese is brown and oysters are bubbling. Serve.
Garlic Cream Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- ½ lb. butter
- 1 tsp. granular garlic
- ¾ qt. Half & Half (warm)
Melt butter over low heat slowly add flour. Whisk mix thoroughly and continue to cook 3-4 minutes. Slowly add heated half & half until it becomes thick, add garlic and keep warm.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie
Yields one pie
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 16-oz. tub whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. Kahlua
- 8 oz. powdered sugar
- ¾ c. miniature chocolate chips
- 1 Oreo pie shell
Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, Kahlua and powdered sugar together. Add whipped topping and blend well. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into pie shell. Should be mounded high in the middle. Note: Keep refrigerated. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Key Lime Pie
Yields one pie
- (2) whole eggs
- 3/4 cup real lime juice
- 24 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- (1) 9″ graham cracker pie shell
Pre-heat oven to 325° F. Beat eggs well, then add condensed milk and mix with eggs. Add lime juice to eggs mixture; mix well. Pour mixture into pie shell evenly. Bake for 30 minutes. Note: Keep refrigerated. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Key Lime Delight
- 1 slice Key Lime Pie (liquefied)
- 1 shot Tequila
- ½ shot Triple Sec
- 4 oz. Margarita Blender Mix
- 4 oz. Ice Cream Mix and Ice Blended
- Topped off with Whip Cream and a Lime Wedge
Easy Baked Oysters
- 16 oysters shucked on the half shell
- 1½ c. your favorite cocktail sauce
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter
- 1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ c. finely diced green onions
Preheat oven to 400° F. Shuck oysters and place on baking sheet. Brush with butter. Place in oven and bake until oysters begin to plump. Remove from oven. Turn oven to broil. Top each oyster with 1 tablespoon cocktail sauce and shredded Swiss cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is melted. Remove and top with green onions. Serve.
Baked Oysters with Tasso Ham Cream Sauce
- 16 oysters on the half shell
- 1 c. medium diced tasso ham
- ½ c. finely diced yellow onion
- ½ c. finely diced green onion
- ½ c. finely diced green pepper
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. Half and Half
- 1 c. fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F. Shuck oysters, leaving on the half shell, and place on baking sheet. Melt butter in thick-walled sauce pan. Brush oysters with melted butter and set aside. Use melted butter in sauce pan to heat and saute yellow onions and green peppers until onions are clear. Add tasso ham and green onions; continue to saute for a few minutes. Add flour and cook an additional 5 minutes. Heat Half and Half in microwave for 30 seconds and gradually stir into flour mixture. Salt to taste. When mixture is thickened, remove from heat. Place oysters in oven and bake until oysters begin to plump. Remove and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Turn oven to broil. Top with tasso ham sauce and shredded cheese. Place under broiler until cheese melts. Serve.
Stuffed Shrimp Florentine Topped with Alfredo Sauce
Florentine Mix Ingredients for 6 entrees
- Frozen Spinach 3/4 lb
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Grated Parmesan Cheese 1/4 cup
- Bread Crumbs 1/2 cup
- Shredded Mozzarella 1/2 cup
- Melted Butter 1/2 cup
- Half & Half 1/8 cup
- Diced Onions 1/2 cup
- 60 Peeled Split and Devined Medium Shrimp
- 6 Medium Casserole dishes lightly buttered
Thaw and drain spinach. Put in mixing bowl and add all ingredients mixing together. Cover and refrigerate. Lay the shrimp split side down in the dish add 2 oz of spinach mixture on top of each shrimp, lightly butter the top of the mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until top of the mixture turns brown.
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- Flour 1 cup
- Butter 1/2 lb
- Granular Garlic 1 teaspoon
- Half & Half 3/4 quart
- Parmesan Cheese 1/4 cup
- Shredded Mozzarella 1 lb for topping
Melt butter over low heat slowly add flour. Using a whisk mix thoroughly, slowly add heated half & half until it becomes thick, add garlic and keep warm. When the Florentine shrimp come out of the oven, place on top of mixture 3 oz per dish and top with 2 oz mozzarella cheese.
The Original Oyster House’s Famous Shrimp & Grits
Josh’s Shrimp & Grits
(Makes 4 Servings)
Blackened Shrimp Ingredients:
- 2 Lbs. 21-25 ct Shrimp, peeled-tail, heads removed
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Joe & Daves YaYa Spice
- 1. Heat a heavy skillet to medium high heat.
- 2. Skewer 7 shrimp per skewer & brush one side of each skewered shrimp with melted butter.
- 3. Sprinkle each buttered skewer with YaYa Spice coating that side of the shrimp
- 4. Place seasoned side of skewer in hot dry skillet.
- 5. Brush butter on top side of skewered shrimp, while cooking and coat with YaYa Spice.
- 6. Flip skewer after 2-3 minutes and cook other side for 2-3 minutes.
Cheese Grits Ingredients:
- 3 cups Water
- 1 TBSP Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Instant grits
- 8 oz. American cheese
- 1. Bring water to a boil; add butter, salt and grits. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- 3. Place a serving of Cheese grits and a shrimp skewer on each plate.