Are you interested in joining one of the area’s legendary restaurants for great seafood, scenery and southern hospitality? Our team creates memorable moments for our guests every day. As a member of our team, you will experience a culture that thrives on exceptional service, employee recognition and financial reward. You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits. From entry-level restaurant employment to management, we offer excellent opportunities, encourage developing careers and have employees who have worked here for more than 25 years.
We are hiring a Prep Cook/Salad at our Mobile Causeway/Spanish Fort restaurant. This position presents our Salad Bar with excellence, keeps selections full and fresh, and monitors its apprearance. As a top choice for guests, our salad bar is a centerpiece of the dining experience. Candidates should have a deep sense of teamwork, willingness to learn and adapt. Must be professional, well-groomed, have a positive disposition, and reflect our core values. No previous restaurant experience needed.
Starting rate of pay for this position is $12.00 an hour.
Spring/Summer pay incentives available for this position:
- $2/hour increase from April 3 – Labor Day
- 5% bonus on all gross earnings from April 3 – Labor Day (restrictions apply)
Company benefits [Learn more]:
- Major medical & dental through BCBS of Alabama;
- Supplemental insurance (life insurance, accident, short term disability, medical bridge) through Colonial;
- Employer-paid $25,000 life insurance;
- Free meals;
- Educational opportunities;
- Vacation; and
- Closed for some major holidays such as: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- Measure and mix ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
- Basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food, etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Available to work a variety of hours including days, nights, weekends and some holidays.
Required Skills and/or Abilities:
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and meet restaurant standards for health, safety, and excellence.
- Ability to remain alert and focused in an environment that is noisy and fast-paced.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (6+ hours).
- Must be able to lift, carry, reach, and place up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and wipe frequently.
- Able to be exposed to extreme heat, steam, and cold temperatures in a kitchen environment.
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.