Are you interested in joining one of the area’s legendary restaurants for great seafood, scenery and Southern hospitality? As a member of our team, you will experience a culture that thrives on exceptional service, employee recognition and financial reward. You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits. From entry-level restaurant employment to management, we offer excellent opportunities, encourage developing careers and have employees who have worked here for more than 25 years.
The dishwasher is responsible for optimal cleaning of the dishes, glasses, cutlery, kitchen equipment and service areas. This position needs to be a team player, be willing to learn and adapt.
Starting rate of pay for this position is $11.50 an hour.
Spring/Summer pay incentives available for this position:
- $2/hour increase from April 3rd – Labor Day
- 5% bonus on all gross earnings from April 3rd – Labor Day (restrictions apply)
Company benefits [Learn more]:
- Major medical & dental through BCBS of Alabama;
- Supplemental insurance (life insurance, accident, short term disability, medical bridge) through Colonial;
- Employer-paid $25,000 life insurance;
- Free meals;
- Educational opportunities;
- Vacation; and
- Closed for some major holidays such as: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- Assemble/break down dish machine.
- Washing pots, pans, dishes, glassware, silverware, flatware, etc. for kitchen department and guests, by hand or using dishwashers.
- Restock clean dishes, equipment, and utensils in proper place.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and/or Abilities:
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and meet restaurant standards for health, safety, and excellence.
- Ability to remain alert and focused in an environment that is noisy and fast-paced.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to work morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend shifts. Overtime may be available during peak season.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (6+ hours).
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and wipe frequently.
- Must frequently immerse hands in water.
- Must be able to work in a hot and/or damp environment.
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.