The Original Oyster House – Causeway location is looking for Dishwashers with open availability to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, some holidays, and weekend shifts.
The ideal candidate believes in showing up on time for work, providing other employees with assistance in the kitchen as needed and following all sanitary and health-related protocols. Candidates should have a deep sense of team-work, willingness to learn and adapt to change. Must be professional, well-groomed, have a friendly, positive disposition, and reflect our core values.
- Assemble/break down dish machine.
- Washing pots, pans, dishes, glassware, silverware, flatware, etc. for kitchen department and guests, by hand or using dishwashers.
- Restock clean dishes, equipment, and utensils in proper place.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and/or Abilities:
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and meet restaurant standards for health, safety, and excellence.
- Ability to remain alert and focused in an environment that is noisy and fast-paced.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (6+ hours).
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and wipe frequently.
- Must frequently immerse hands in water.
- Must be able to work in a hot and/or damp environment.
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.