Are you interested in joining one of the area’s legendary restaurants for great seafood, scenery and southern hospitality? Our Gulf Shores team creates memorable moments for our guests every day. As a member of our team, you will experience a culture that thrives on exceptional service, employee recognition and financial reward. You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits. From entry-level restaurant employment to management, we offer excellent opportunities, encourage developing careers and have employees who have worked here for more than 25 years.
The ideal candidate supports employees with assistance in the dining room as needed and follows all sanitary and health-related protocols. Candidates should have a deep sense of customer service, team-work, willingness to learn and adapt to change. Must be professional, well-groomed, have a friendly, positive disposition, and reflect our core values. Busser duties include taking plates, utensils and glasses to dishwashing area, refilling glasses, resetting tables, rolling silverware and supporting servers and co-workers needs.
Rate of pay is $8 an hour + tips.
Spring pay incentives available for this position:
- $300 sign on bonus in the month of March
Company benefits [Learn more]:
- Major medical & dental through BCBS of Alabama;
- Supplemental insurance (life insurance, accident, short term disability, medical bridge) through Colonial;
- Employer-paid $25,000 life insurance;
- Discounted meals;
- Educational opportunities;
- Vacation; and
- Closed for some major holidays such as: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- Well-versed in dining services with a track record of working efficiently in a service oriented hospitality environment.
- Proven ability to work in fast paced and busy environments.
- Should demonstrate ability to respond to guests’ requests appropriately in order to provide efficient service.
- Physically dexterous to stoop and bend to perform a busser’s duties. Frequently lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Able to perform side duties.
- Follow proper sanitation guidelines.
- Committed to high quality customer service targeted at generating return business and customer retention.
- Able to work appropriately under pressure.
- Eager to work in a team environment with a great focus on delivering service excellence.
- Known for handling bussing duties in a manner that minimizes seating and service delays.
- Availability to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, some holidays, and weekend shifts.
- Some overtime hours may be expected during peak season.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team or independently.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (6+ hours).
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place heavy tubs of dishes and utensils (up to 50 pounds at a time).
- Must be able to reach (both outward and upward), bend, twist, and stoop frequently.
- Frequent fast-paced walking.
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.