Josh’s Shrimp & Grits
(Makes 4 Servings)
Blackened Shrimp Ingredients:
- 2 Lbs. 21-25 ct Shrimp, peeled-tail, heads removed
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Joe & Daves YaYa Spice
- 1. Heat a heavy skillet to medium high heat.
- 2. Skewer 7 shrimp per skewer & brush one side of each skewered shrimp with melted butter.
- 3. Sprinkle each buttered skewer with YaYa Spice coating that side of the shrimp
- 4. Place seasoned side of skewer in hot dry skillet.
- 5. Brush butter on top side of skewered shrimp, while cooking and coat with YaYa Spice.
- 6. Flip skewer after 2-3 minutes and cook other side for 2-3 minutes.
Cheese Grits Ingredients:
- 3 cups Water
- 1 TBSP Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Instant grits
- 8 oz. American cheese
- 1. Bring water to a boil; add butter, salt and grits. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- 3. Place a serving of Cheese grits and a shrimp skewer on each plate.