Are you interested in joining one of the area’s legendary restaurants for great seafood, scenery and Southern hospitality? As a member of our team, you will experience a culture that thrives on exceptional service, employee recognition and financial reward. You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits. From entry-level restaurant employment to management, we offer excellent opportunities, encourage developing careers and have employees who have worked here for more than 25 years.
The Spanish Fort/Causeway restaurant is hiring servers to work a variety of hours including days, nights, weekends and some holidays. A minimum of six months’ experience in a full-service, fast-paced restaurant is required. The position also requires an excellence in upholding “Southern hospitality” as well as a strong reflection of our core values. Teamwork, dependability and a solid work ethic are mandatory. Your day-to-day responsibilities include providing table service to guests by taking orders, delivering orders to the table, collecting payments and ensuring guests enjoy an exceptional dining experience.
Rate of pay is $2.13 an hour + tips.
Company benefits [Learn more]:
- Major medical & dental through BCBS of Alabama;
- Supplemental insurance (life insurance, accident, short term disability, medical bridge) through Colonial;
- Employer-paid $25,000 life insurance;
- Free meals;
- Educational opportunities;
- Vacation; and
- Closed for some major holidays such as: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift, move, balance, and carry trays of food weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, bend, twist, lift, stoop, and reach frequently.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years old to serve alcoholic beverages
- Must have two years’ previous server experience in a high volume, fast-paced, full-service restaurant
- Must speak and write English fluently
- Must have experience with cash and money handling
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service and presentation skills
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.