The Original Oyster House – Trading Company retail shop is looking for a Retail Sales Associate that has open availability to work days, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holiday shifts. Must have retail experience.
Rate of pay is $12.00 an hour. Overtime may be required during peak season.
The ideal candidate should have a positive and friendly disposition, great customer service, be professional, well-groomed, a team-player and reflect our core values.
- major medical & dental through BCBS of Alabama;
- supplemental insurance (life insurance, accident, short term disability, medical bridge) through Colonial;
- employer-paid $25,000 life insurance;
- discounted meals;
- tuition discount through our college partnership program (employees & immediate family members);
- vacation; and
- closed for some major holidays, such as: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
Candidates for the Retail Sales Associate position should possess the following characteristics:
- Providing customer service to all guests (greeting and assisting customers)
- Exhibit Southern Hospitality
- Strong communication skills
- Money handling
- Maintaining a clean store – restocking and refolding when necessary
- Basic computer experience
- Works well and communicates effectively with a team and management
Physical requirements include:
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (6+ hours).
- Frequent bending, stooping, twisting, lifting, carrying, reaching (both upward and outward)
- Able to carry up to 40 pounds
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.