Are you interested in joining one of the area’s legendary restaurants for great seafood, scenery and Southern hospitality? Our team creates memorable moments for our guests every day. As a member of our team, you will experience a culture that thrives on exceptional service, employee recognition and financial reward. You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits. From entry-level restaurant employment to management, we offer excellent opportunities, encourage developing careers and have employees who have worked here for more than 25 years.
The Gulf Shores restaurant is hiring Hosts/Hostesses who will represent the introduction of our brand. The position requires an excellence in upholding “Southern hospitality” as well as a strong reflection of our core values. Teamwork, dependability and a solid work ethic are required. Your day-to-day responsibilities include welcoming everyone who enters our establishment, providing answers to their questions, managing guests during a wait, estimating accurate wait times, answering phones and strong staff support. Candidates must be willing to learn and adapt. As the face of the restaurant, Hosts/Hostesses must be professional, well-groomed, have a friendly disposition. No previous restaurant experience needed.
Starting rate of pay for this position is $12.00 an hour.
Spring/Summer pay incentives available for this position:
- $300 sign on bonus in the month of March
Company benefits [Learn more]:
- Major medical & dental through BCBS of Alabama;
- Supplemental insurance (life insurance, accident, short term disability, medical bridge) through Colonial;
- Employer-paid $25,000 life insurance;
- Free meals;
- Educational opportunities;
- Vacation; and
- Closed for some major holidays such as: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and organized
- Must reflect our Core Values
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Minimum age requirement is 16
- Greet guests and seat them at tables or present a waiting pager
- Provide guests with menus and sometimes take drink order
- Control flow of restaurant by working a seating chart and rotating servers appropriately
- Answer telephone with guest inquiries
- Clean and inspect restrooms
- Maintain a clean work environment in accordance with Health Department standards