Are you interested in joining one of the area’s legendary restaurants for great seafood, scenery and Southern hospitality? As a member of our team, you will experience a culture that thrives on exceptional service, employee recognition and financial reward. You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits. From entry-level restaurant employment to management, we offer excellent opportunities, encourage developing careers and have employees who have worked here for more than 25 years.
The Spanish Fort/Causeway restaurant is hiring Hosts/Hostesses who will represent the introduction of our brand. The position requires an excellence in upholding “Southern hospitality” as well as a strong reflection of our core values. Teamwork, dependability and a solid work ethic are required. Your day-to-day responsibilities include welcoming everyone who enters our establishment, providing answers to their questions, managing guests during a wait, estimating accurate wait times, answering phones and strong staff support. Candidates must be willing to learn and adapt. As the face of the restaurant, Hosts/Hostesses must be professional, well-groomed, have a friendly disposition. No previous restaurant experience needed.
Starting rate of pay for this position is $10.50 an hour.
Company benefits [Learn more]:
- Major medical & dental through BCBS of Alabama;
- Supplemental insurance (life insurance, accident, short term disability, medical bridge) through Colonial;
- Employer-paid $25,000 life insurance;
- Discounted meals;
- Educational opportunities;
- Vacation; and
- Closed for some major holidays such as: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- Welcome/greet guests and seat them at tables
- Provide guests with menus
- Cleans and inspects restrooms
- Greet customers upon their departure
- Maintain a clean front area
- Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and communicates problems and concerns to management
- Excellent customer service/customer satisfaction focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Must reflect our Core Values
- Attention to detail and organized
- Minimum age requirement is 16
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds at a time
- Must be able to walk, lift, reach, bend, twist and stoop frequently
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.