Our hosts/hostesses are the first and the last face our guests see when they visit our restaurant. That impression will sometimes be the influencing factor on whether they return or not. We are looking for applicants who are outgoing, pleasant and offer “Southern Hospitality” to those they come in contact with. Qualified candidates should have a positive and friendly disposition, great customer service, be professional, well-groomed, and a team-player. Available to work a variety of hours, including days, nights, weekends and some holidays. No previous restaurant experience needed.
Candidates for the Host position should possess the following characteristics:
- Excellent customer service/customer satisfaction focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Must reflect our Core Values
- Attention to detail and organized
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds at a time
- Welcome/greet guests and seat them at tables
- Provide guests with menus
- Cleans and inspects restrooms
- Greet customers upon their departure
- Maintain a clean front area
- Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and communicates problems and concerns to management
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.