Are you interested in joining one of the area’s legendary restaurants for great seafood, scenery and southern hospitality? Our team creates memorable moments for our guests every day. As a member of our team, you will experience a culture that thrives on exceptional service, employee recognition and financial reward. You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits. From entry-level restaurant employment to management, we offer excellent opportunities, encourage developing careers and have employees who have worked here for more than 25 years.
The Spanish Fort/Mobile Causeway restaurant is hiring cashiers. Teamwork, dependability, and a strong work ethic are required. The cashier supports the operations of the restaurant and our guests. Your day-to-day responsibilities include answering the phone, guest retail purchases, take-out orders and staff support. Candidates must be a team player, have a willingness to learn and adapt. As the face of the restaurant, cashiers must be professional, well-groomed, have a friendly disposition, and reflect our core values. No previous restaurant experience needed.
Starting rate of pay for this position is $12.00 an hour.
Company benefits [Learn more]:
- Major medical & dental through BCBS of Alabama;
- Supplemental insurance (life insurance, accident, short term disability, medical bridge) through Colonial;
- Employer-paid $25,000 life insurance;
- Free meals;
- Educational opportunities;
- Vacation; and
- Closed for some major holidays such as: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
Candidates for the Cashier position should possess the following characteristics:
- Excellent Customer Service/Customer Satisfaction Focused
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- Must reflect our Core Values
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Handle cash/credit card transactions and keeps all transactions reports
- Issue receipts, change, or tickets as well as redeem coupons and discounts
- Welcome guests
- Maintain a clean front area
- Take to-go orders and answer the phone to provide relevant information to guests
- Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and communicates problems and concerns to management
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.