The Original Oyster House is seeking qualified candidates for Food Runner positions! Qualified candidates should have a positive and friendly disposition, great customer service, be professional, well-groomed, and a team-player. Available to work a variety of hours, including days, nights, weekends and some holidays. No previous restaurant experience needed. The right candidate will have an exceptional go-getter personality aimed at total customer satisfaction. Hourly rate of pay is $6.00 plus tips.
Food Runner duties include assisting the servers and bartenders by assisting guests with orders, taking feedback, and preparing table set-ups.
- Runs food to guests. Delivers food orders from the kitchen to guests’ tables rapidly and accurately.
- Quality checks food presentation.
- Ability to remain calm, alert and focused in an environment that is noisy and fast-paced.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Memorization ability.
- Customer Service
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place heavy trays of food (up to 50 pounds at a time).
- Must be able to bend, twist and stoop frequently.
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.