If you have a friendly disposition, willingness to learn and adapt to change, an outgoing personality, and are a team player, you could be our next Expeditor at one of the busiest family seafood restaurants on the Gulf Coast! You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits.
We are in need of Expeditors at our Gulf Shores restaurant with open availability to work morning, afternoon, evening, some holidays and weekend shifts. Overtime may be available during peak season.
Rate of pay starts at $11 an hour. Summer pay incentives are available for this position:
- Receive a $2/hour increase from Memorial Day – Labor Day; and
- 5% bonus on gross wages from Memorial Day – Labor Day (certain criteria may apply).
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the servers to the kitchen.
- Ensure orders are being prepared with the correct priority.
- Assist in final preparation of dishes.
- Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation and temperature.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and/or Abilities:
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and meet restaurant standards for health, safety, and excellence.
- Ability to remain alert and focused in an environment that is noisy and fast-paced.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (6+ hours).
- Must be able to lift, carry, reach, and place up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and wipe frequently.
- Able to be exposed to extreme heat, steam, and cold temperatures in a kitchen environment.
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.