Are you interested in joining one of the area’s legendary restaurants for great seafood, scenery and southern hospitality? Our team creates memorable moments for our guests every day. As a member of our team, you will experience a culture that thrives on exceptional service, employee recognition and financial reward. You’ll work in a fun, casual atmosphere with panoramic waterfront sunsets, work with caring coworkers and seasoned management and enjoy competitive benefits. From entry-level restaurant employment to management, we offer excellent opportunities, encourage developing careers and have employees who have worked here for more than 25 years.
The Gulf Shores restaurant is hiring cashiers with availability to work days, afternoons, evenings, some holidays and weekend shifts. The cashier supports the operations of the restaurant and our guests. Teamwork, dependability, and a strong work ethic are required. Your day-to-day responsibilities include answering the phone, guest retail purchases, take-out orders and staff support. Candidates must be a team player, have a willingness to learn and adapt. As the face of the restaurant, cashiers must be professional, well-groomed, have a friendly disposition, and reflect our core values. No previous restaurant experience needed.
Starting rate of pay for this position is $13.00 an hour.
Spring/Summer pay incentives available for this position:
- $300 sign on bonus in the month of March
Company benefits [Learn more]:
- Major medical & dental through BCBS of Alabama;
- Supplemental insurance (life insurance, accident, short term disability, medical bridge) through Colonial;
- Employer-paid $25,000 life insurance;
- Free meals;
- Educational opportunities;
- Vacation; and
- Closed for some major holidays such as: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- Excellent Customer Service/Customer Satisfaction Focused
- Excellent Communication Skills/Team Player
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- Must reflect our Core Values
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Minimum age requirement is 16
- Handle cash/credit card transactions and keeps all transactions reports
- Issue receipts, change, or tickets as well as redeem coupons and discounts
- Welcome guests
- Maintain a clean front area
- Take to-go orders and answer the phone to provide relevant information to guests
- Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and communicates problems and concerns to management
- Some overtime hours may be expected during peak season
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Original Oyster House is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, citizenship, military obligations, veteran status, disability status or other activities or statuses protected by law.