Dining Room Manager
- Exemplifies the Core Values of the Original Oyster House
- Responsible for management of dining room service and highest quality of customer service. Assure a high standard of appearance, Southern hospitality and service in personnel and cleanliness of dining room.
- Reports to General Manager & Assistant General Manager
- Supervise and train dining room staff. Manage within budgetary restraints.
- Schedules personnel and plans dining room setup based upon anticipated guest counts and client needs.
- Greets and seats guests.
- Supervises dining room staff and helps assure excellent service.
- Inspects dining room staff and ensures that they are in proper and clean uniforms at all times.
- Hires, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates dining room staff.
- Manages appropriate reports concerning employee hours, schedules, pay rates, job changes, tip pools, etc.
- Receives and resolves complaints concerning food, beverages and service.
- Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staff.
- Assures that all side-work is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
- Directs pre-meal meetings with dining room personnel; relays information and policy changes and briefs personnel.
- Assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of dining room areas, equipment and fixtures; checks the maintenance of all equipment in the dining room and reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
- Makes suggestions about improvements in dining room service procedures and layout.
- Assures that the dining room and other areas are secure at the end of the business day.
- Maintains an inventory of dining room items including silverware, coffee pots, water pitchers, salt and pepper holders, sugar bowls and ensures that they are properly stored and accounted for.
- Monitors dining room labor and supplies; makes adjustments to achieve financial goals.
- Assists in service and table side hospitality as needed.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- Confirms that all dining room closing procedures are completed and assures that area is secure.
- Assures that local and state laws and the restaurant's policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Performs other appropriate assignments as require.
- 6 years restaurant experience with 2-years in management
Apply for Position
Back to Job Listings